Thursday, August 16, 2007

Wrote a poem today. Angsty emo and what not. I really don't care if you think its oh so cliche or following the crowd, its just me and the words running here.
A bit on the romance side i guess. But oh well when inspiration extends a hand, i cannot resist but grasp. I admit it isnt very good according to poemy rules.

WANNABE

I wanna be an Angel, cos I
Wanna be there for you always.
But I'm only human. The world spins
Around me, tripping and twisting me
with responsibities, needs desires
aplenty. I'm not that naive.

Still I wanna be there for you,
life technicolor brightening in the
Supernova of your smile. But there
are always things bigger than me
and you. Choices made,
consequences eventual.

I wanna pick up the phone and hear
nothing, but your voice. It beats any
song they can ever play on the radio.
I never smile when I listen to the radio.

I wanna say that i wanna protect you,
Hold you close. A flower that should never wilt,
surrounded by the glass of fragility
But the door closes and the dream denied.
Guess i should have stolen the darn key before it was shut.

So all I can do now is be there always.
Loving you like an angel should, across this dark
abyss which separates and abides the unspoken rules.
Where a marble clock runs eternal.

No comments: