Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Depressing Ideation

I didn't go to school today. The reason being: ( your gonna love this one) i mugged hard last night so i could clear up the week before me, and do other things that I had at the top of the list" things i much rather do with my time". Such as write out that killer scriot that i haven't exactly figured the ending out. Although the teachers say that if you can't find a good ending... its cos you sort of don't have a good clear enough beginning.
But I'm digressing.
Lets go back to thoughts in mind.In the nice head clearing feels-like-100-degrees-shower that managed to clear my mind every now and then.

i couldn;t wake up on time, so i'm technically still kicking myself about how i managed to think that class was at 10. (So i woke up at nine and swore for a bit. And messaged Bee who didn't reply back. Oh well but she's in class.).i realised that there were alot of things that i could do with the time i bought today.I wondered on how could i catch up for today's misses in evaluation for non linear editing and what would i miss in audio. Its like God, this isn't the good start i plannned at all, i'm already late so many times.. and i'm using a MC in the second week. Bugger.

then something came to me. Because i was monologing to myself in the shower, and that little spark that haven't ... well sparked for weeks came to me. And i thought hey why don't i make a film about myself. A bit like Being John Malkovich. ( didn't watch that film. But hey.. there you go for the concept) But then i kicked myself again. who wanted to watch another internal film again?( and the worse thing about someone they didn't know about at all?)
I mean okay fine. My national Cinema/ film style that i could see....
Well it mostly featured the internal of the character more than that of the external. Like There;s a REASON why this old man smokes. or why this Lady ONLY wears Pink belts. At least that what i can see of it , myself.


I hate cliches with a passion.
Pang says I'm being too Avant-Garde. Or rather being so was not a really that good a thing, like gotta use the cliches sometimes. But then like the only place i think cliches work is most likely in short films and in comedy.
In shorts because you don't really have that MUCH time to establish a character. But in comedy.... its a motif that everyone's cued in to laugh.And i hate going about doing stuff that just looks like what everyone else is doing.

I'm Digressing again.
Back to the Internal monologue film thing.

I thought about it, and films i never watched like becoming Royston came to mind. Then i thought about how to actually get a job in the future. Then it occurred to me. the theme of plagarism. Project Plagarism. The thing about Project plagarism was that we utitlise the name of say a extremely well known movie. And we plagarise the movie in ways that they can't catch us. ( of course this would require extreme high familiarity in the area of MEDIA LAW)Think about it. You plagarise a director's work. Won't he/she be agitated enough to at least have a look at it? And say if its good enough a reproduction... Won't he be at least interested to meet the very person who managed to recreate what he just managed to do? and join forces with those who seem to at least to think alike? Cool. I like my idea.

Now i gotta go get that presentation about Ernst Lubitsch and that Worlds Apart script down pat for tomorrow. Sigh. i got an MC to do homework. I love my life. But yay i feel so much more better now. (Although i havent solved my sleeping habit issues. or gotten that MC) And i found Pat's Red brolly cover. yay me.
"time to work" time.

No comments: